More Unpacking and a New Toy!

Oh my gosh when does it stop?!?!?! haha

I have found the missing items I mentioned before in the post a few days ago. They were in a box in the living room of all places. Need my label maker but I know it’s in a box that was with my secretary desk contents so when I actually tackle that part I will find it and can finish up with organizing my craft space.

I have a couple of shelves that were just sitting around doing nothing at the old house (pfff they were still in the box) and I think they will look good on the wall over the books I showed previously. I have some small jars of buttons and other embellishments that would always sit on my desk space but I am trying to clear as much stuff off of there so I can use it properly. The shelves served no purpose before so this will be a win win situation I think.

Between the craft/office space and the bedroom were these doors:

doors

You may say “oh my they are so pretty I’d love to have some like that”. Well ordinarily I would agree with you but in this case the doors were a pain in the butt. Off to the left of the doors you’ll see the corner of the room (bedroom) and putting anything in that space while having to fight with the door being in the way when open is not much fun.

So we took them off (note the light in the other room, that shines right in the husbands face when he lays in bed and the white tension rod I have added to the top of the door space):

IMG_3982

And because I don’t always go to bed when the husband does, and that light is annoying to him (and the hinges are ugly), I re-purposed some curtains I cannot use here on any window. You can see in the picture where water has messed up the fabric. This was due to a leak in the bedroom window we didn’t know about at the other house. I had previously altered these tab top curtains to work on a smaller rod I had so now the tabs won’t work for anything else.

IMG_3978

So I chopped them off:

IMG_3980

After chopping off the tabs my plan was to sew on an area to slide a pole through. Then I didn’t feel like dragging out the sewing machine I haven’t unpacked yet so I got lazy and was just going to use some safety pins until I felt like completing the work properly. Probably the same time I would add about six inches of fabric to the bottom and also a piece across the damaged part to make it look extra fun and pretty. Well I picked up the curtain from the bottom on accident when getting ready to pin it and low and behold the bottom contained a ready-made section I could slide the pole through.

So TADA!! My upside down half finished curtain project:

IMG_3983

As you can see they don’t go to the floor and that is why I would like to add some pretty fabric.

So my husband cannot help a whole lot with putting stuff away, since as the woman of the house I’m the one who knows best where everything was and where it should go now, he felt bad sitting around not doing much. He rewarded my work by telling me (among other things like foot rubs and what-not) that I could get some “big-ticket item” I have been wanting. Well only thing I have been wanting but held off til we moved has been this:

Ebosser

No more hand cranking to emboss or die cut! Woo hoo, save a wrist or two. Which I will need after all the box opening and paper cramming etc etc. It came in the mail today and I am excited to check out how it works.

Happy crafting!
Lady Blue

Unpacking….

Unpacking goes pretty quickly when you already know where certain stuff goes. Only problem occurs when you decide to put things in a different place than before. One of those things is a 12 cubbie shoe holder I have been using to organize different items. It looks like this one here but in white:

At the old house I had to have it stacked on the top portion of my craft desk. Well now on the top of my desk are 15 shoe box organizers. Reason for part of this change is that the top of my white craft cabinet was broken during the move. It is similar to this one with four doors instead of two :

So since the top is all flopping about and needing something to give it stability, I came up with the thought of shoving the shoe organizer inside the cabinet. Question is, would it fit and is it tall enough to give the top support so I can put things up there. After a couple of insertions and adjustments and help from the husband, we did get it in there and its holding the top up.

Tada! (please excuse the lower quality pictures, I’m using my phone since my camera is buried somewhere in the house lol)
shoe cubbie
As you can see I have a space to the side of it where I can slide several items such as cutting boards for sewing etc. Only problem with doing this is I lost out on the use of two shelves.

Hence the 15 shoe box organizers on top of the other desk.
shoebox

This also resulted in having to find a new home for my craft idea books that also used to occupy space on top of my desk. Those got moved to the top of my 8 x 10 paper organizer. It used to have misc junk on there that had nothing to do with crafting anyway.

books

During a move you always pray you don’t loose anything and nothing important gets broken. I have two crafting casualties right now, besides the cabinet, and they are both tote box lids. Cracked and broken beyond repair.
broken lid

Other than that, it seems everything I have found so far survived the move in one piece. I’m still hunting down my cutting mat, long ruler, lamp, and a few other items but I know there are still a couple boxes in the attic I need to open.

Have a great crafting week!
Lady Blue

I Have Arrived.

I am working on getting settled and unpacked in the new house. Once I can tackle the craft space I will update with some pictures on how I am making my space work. Hope everyone has had a good month and I will post again as soon as I can.

Have a great day!
Lady Blue