Here is the next set of pages in the book I am altering. My book’s theme is color so this page was for yellow.
After putting down gesso I used some paint at the bottom of the page and sprayed it with water to get the drippage. Next I used Faber-Castell Gelatos to make the “humps” using the edge of a scalloped paper as my template. The half circle parts on the edge are cut outs from some fun paper bags I found at a store that I thought would make great book covers. These bits came from the sides of the bag where the folds were. I didn’t want to waste any part of the paper. The Bliss word came from a packet of die cut cardstock by K&Company called Flora and Fauna. Only place I was able to find more for a good price was Joanns online. The packet has lots of great pieces that I plan to use a few of in this book. (that’s why I bought more lol) I colored it using paints and some distress ink.
I painted this chipboard birdcage using assorted acrylic paints. I purchased it from this great little company that hasn’t been out very long. It is a husband and wife team and they have some great things. Check them out here: http://creativeembellishments.com/ When I painted it I forgot to make the birds look like they were inside the cage. Later when I noticed it, I decided I liked it that way. It is a perch rather than a confinement.
Here you can see my wood mushrooms that I painted with acrylic paint. They are by Prima as is the paper flowers on the page. The other flowers are a faux leather and I do not remember the maker name, I got them at a great discount at Ross or something.
I added little stickers to the center to make the flowers look complete. They were from a Halloween set by My Minds Eye that I got in the clearance bin at Michaels. The larger leaves were made using a Dylusions stencil and then painted and accented with a marker.