More Unpacking and a New Toy!

Oh my gosh when does it stop?!?!?! haha

I have found the missing items I mentioned before in the post a few days ago. They were in a box in the living room of all places. Need my label maker but I know it’s in a box that was with my secretary desk contents so when I actually tackle that part I will find it and can finish up with organizing my craft space.

I have a couple of shelves that were just sitting around doing nothing at the old house (pfff they were still in the box) and I think they will look good on the wall over the books I showed previously. I have some small jars of buttons and other embellishments that would always sit on my desk space but I am trying to clear as much stuff off of there so I can use it properly. The shelves served no purpose before so this will be a win win situation I think.

Between the craft/office space and the bedroom were these doors:


You may say “oh my they are so pretty I’d love to have some like that”. Well ordinarily I would agree with you but in this case the doors were a pain in the butt. Off to the left of the doors you’ll see the corner of the room (bedroom) and putting anything in that space while having to fight with the door being in the way when open is not much fun.

So we took them off (note the light in the other room, that shines right in the husbands face when he lays in bed and the white tension rod I have added to the top of the door space):


And because I don’t always go to bed when the husband does, and that light is annoying to him (and the hinges are ugly), I re-purposed some curtains I cannot use here on any window. You can see in the picture where water has messed up the fabric. This was due to a leak in the bedroom window we didn’t know about at the other house. I had previously altered these tab top curtains to work on a smaller rod I had so now the tabs won’t work for anything else.


So I chopped them off:


After chopping off the tabs my plan was to sew on an area to slide a pole through. Then I didn’t feel like dragging out the sewing machine I haven’t unpacked yet so I got lazy and was just going to use some safety pins until I felt like completing the work properly. Probably the same time I would add about six inches of fabric to the bottom and also a piece across the damaged part to make it look extra fun and pretty. Well I picked up the curtain from the bottom on accident when getting ready to pin it and low and behold the bottom contained a ready-made section I could slide the pole through.

So TADA!! My upside down half finished curtain project:


As you can see they don’t go to the floor and that is why I would like to add some pretty fabric.

So my husband cannot help a whole lot with putting stuff away, since as the woman of the house I’m the one who knows best where everything was and where it should go now, he felt bad sitting around not doing much. He rewarded my work by telling me (among other things like foot rubs and what-not) that I could get some “big-ticket item” I have been wanting. Well only thing I have been wanting but held off til we moved has been this:


No more hand cranking to emboss or die cut! Woo hoo, save a wrist or two. Which I will need after all the box opening and paper cramming etc etc. It came in the mail today and I am excited to check out how it works.

Happy crafting!
Lady Blue

Birthday Fun, Smash Book, & Sewing

So I had a birthday since I last posted and my hubby indulged my crafting obsession by taking me to Michaels where I picked up a couple of goodies. Some paper packs, things for smash books and a new rotary paper cutter. I ordered a couple of packs of DCWV paper from Amazon. Love their paper it is so fun. I also have been looking everywhere for library card pockets and found a great deal on those on Amazon too. Additionally I’ve been looking for things to add to my smash book. I found several printable images I can cut out and add to pages. Here is a link to my Pinterest “craft printable” board and you can see the ones I have printed so far.

I forgot to mention that my daughter and I hit up a Steampunk Convention a couple weekends ago. We saw tons of fun items we both want to copy. Trying to be thrifty I have been looking for things I can re-purpose. One great find I got was a leather dress. LOL who would wear a leather dress. It’s terrible I’m telling you BUT, with a little reworking it can become a long coat. The leather itself is in great shape and a very nice color of brown, perfect for a jacket. I picked up a Simplicity pattern #2172 that I am going to use parts of the pattern for the coat to modify this dress. Here you can see some Pinterest pins of how various people have used that pattern to create costumes/outfits I’m thinking of ditching the ruffle that several images show. I need to decide what color to use for a lining since the leather dress doesn’t have one; and I’m also considering using two tones of leather to complete the look. Should be an interesting project. I also found a black leather skirt that we are going to turn into a purse/pouch for my daughter. She wants something she can wear on a belt or on a strap in a cross-body style. Might be able to use some of the leather towards my coat project.

Have a great week!

Lady Blue