ATC Swap and a Page

I’m in the Lifebook class and was able to sign up for a couple ATC swaps. The first one was daily ritual. I don’t do anything meditative or ritualistic in the sense that some others may do but I do have a cup of coffee every morning, love checking the mail, feeding the squirrels and birds, and watering the plants. So I incorporated some bits to my ATC’s to represent those activities.

Here you see my completed cards. I made a set for my swap partner and a set for myself. The criteria was to make two cards for our one partner. The background was made with craft paints and using a natural sponge to dab it on. I also used some Graphic45 stamps.

IMG_5815

Here is a closeup of my little coffee cup. I cut it from brown paper and used pencils to color it. The coffee is LuminArte Silks glaze. The steam is Liquid Pearls. The little plant is highlighted on the flowers with Stickles.

IMG_5816

This next picture shows the tiny vellumn envelope that I put a heart, plant leaf, and water droplet confetti inside. The piece of “air mail” is a sticker.

IMG_5817

Here is the little wood veneer bird by Studio Calico that I added. I colored it then added some Liquid Glass over it.

IMG_5818

The next set of ATC’s I only made a set for my swap partner and not one for myself. This theme was bugs and insects. For the left side card I took some patterned scrapbook paper and added it to the ATC card. I then used some watered down gesso to mask out a single shape for a flower. I used Liquid Pearls to decorate the flower and give it a stem. Across the top I added some lacy cut paper tape. On the flower and the tap I included a ladybug sticker. They were both covered in Liquid glass with a tiny bit of glitter. along the bottom of the card is a piece of rub on. The right side card I cut a piece of scrapbook paper that looked a bit like honeycombs. I added a line of black liquid glass to divide the card and added watered down gesso to mask out the background. I also used some Liquid Pearls and Liquid glass on some of the individual chambers. The bees are stickers and I added liquid glass to their wings. The Bzz Bzz is using a Studio G stamp set (the dollar bin ones).

IMG_5830

Yesterday I felt inspired to do a page in my spiral bound art journal. I used gelatos to create the background colors. I then used some modeling paste through a checkerboard stencil. I also sprayed some color through it. I used Stazon ink trough a swirling stencil to add a pop of black. I took some of the deli paper flowers I showed a couple posts back and attached them to the page with matte gel medium. I also cut apart some die-cut shapes (the circles) which I colored using distress ink in Dusty concord. After everything was dry I high-lighed the flowers and shapes using my Faber Castell big brush pitt pens

IMG_5883.

I had a lot of fun making these projects. It felt good to get another page done in my art journal too. My Mojo seemed to have run off in regards to that aspect of my creativity and was only centering on making recycled materials books. I even got part of my week 15 page for 48 weeks done. Today it’s on to continuing it and hopefully get that posted in a couple days.

Hope everyone is having an art/craft filled week.

Journal Page for Dec 18th

When I put the gesso on this page I had intended to go a completely different route with it. It was going to be like a rainbow of color on there. Once I added the Tim Holtz tissue paper it veered off to become this and I really like how it turned out. I didn’t sit there staring at it and trying to figure out what I wanted to do, I just reached out and grabbed things that felt like they should go on the page. So in the end I felt the saying fit perfectly.

IMG_4552

I used the gesso to make the tissue paper blend into the page, I also added some watered down teal paint all over. Next I used some gelatos around the edge of the page. I took india ink and created the dribble from the edge of the tissue paper by spraying it with some water and holding the book up. To fill in the gap at the top I used a Dylusions border stamp that I colored in using my new Faber-Castell pens. I also used the purple and grey around the butterfly to give it a bit more interest. I put a matched pair of rub-ons in the bottom corners and used watered down gesso to blend them into the page. I took an alphabet/numbers stencil and used a distressing tool to rub through with distress ink. This gave the letters and numbers a ghostly soft look. I used some of the scalloped ovals book paper that I punched out (when I made the petals on a previous page I posted) to give the sentiment a little more pizzazz. They are distressed using a charcoal pencil. I used peacock feather distress ink on the edges of the sentiment.

IMG_4554

Here is a close-up of the embossing I added on the page here and there. The color matches perfect with the marker. I also random stamped using some aqua ink on a swirly kind of stamp and you can see part of that in the picture.

IMG_4555

Here is a close-up of the fabric flower embellishment I added. It has a flat-backed pearl accent added to the center.

Hope you like and feel free to ask any questions.

Happy creating,
Lady Blue